The Sims 3 Alpine County
Description: Large American seaside city with suburbs, golf course, forest, countryside and mountains with Texan terrain.
Stage: Complete – download here.
Custom Content: None
Store Content: None
Stuff Packs: None
Welcome to Alpine County by Western077!
This world offers something unique that no other has managed to offer so far, and that is variety. If like us you’re a fan of creating legacy families in your game, then Alpine County is the perfect world for your sims. The world has rural farms, dense forests, a bustling urban city with towering skyscrapers and sprawling suburbs around it. It even has a luxury spa retreat with a golf course, an abandoned haunted village and seaside mansion community.
So if you want to create a legacy which starts with a small boy who grows up on a farm and then moves to the city before marrying and settling down in the suburbs to bring up his children in a gated community and goes on vacations in a forest by a lake before retiring in a seaside golf resort…. well you can do all of that without ever leaving Alpine County!
Let’s play this out by starting with the country side farms.
There are 2 pre-built farm houses and 2 empty lots for you to move into in Alpine County’s rural farmlands. There is also a horse sanctuary and large Equestrian Center for those who want to make the most of owning a horse. If you’re seeking a little adventure, there is also an abandoned farmhouse with hidden treasures inside!
You have the forest and lake, with its own camping sites, modern lakeside houses and the traditional wood cabins ideal for weekend vacations!
Although it’s not connected to the sea (because it’s a lake) there’s plenty of fish for your sims to up their fishing skills and get themselves the catch of the day!
Now onto the suburbs. These are broken down into 5 communities, which we will go into further down.
1. The Gated Community: This consists of expensive mcmansions all built with a similar style around a private park. As the name suggests, the neighbourhood is gated and surrounded by a fence with a security gate to get it. It also comes with a private school and a luxury community pool with a gym.
The houses have been nicely detailed to give a perfect recreation of an American mcmansion community:
The community pool looks over the lake and forest, one of the many lots in the town with stunning views.
This community looks particularly good in winter if you have The Sims 3 Seasons expansion pack!
2. The middle-class suburban neighbourhood. For those who can’t afford the mcmansions in the gated community, but still seek the conformity suburban communities have, can enjoy this little development. It may not have a private spa, but it does have a cute small community park and it is a short walking distance to the local high school.
3. The slightly more affordable housing. Okay, so some of the houses here look a little run down, and it’s right next to the city dump and factories, but it does have a lot of charm. With rock-bottom prices, your sim can snap one of these little houses for as little a §5,000! It has a small park with playground facilities and it’s only minutes away from the cinema, shopping mall and mega-gym. So it’s not so bad for those just starting off life in Alpine County with a small income.
4. The golf course in Alpine County has its own spa, sea-side hotel with restaurant and faux-Mediterranean style mcmansions lining the side. Although most of the residents in the development are senior citizens enjoying their retirement.
This is also great for those sims who enjoy playing golf!
The luxury hotel on the golf course is also perfect if your sims have plans for a big wedding. With its own wedding reception, large restaurant, outdoor dance floor with piano, wedding bedroom suite and the most stunning views to compliment your photos, the place was made for spectacular weddings!
5. The final community is for those who like the Maxis-style neighbourhood with miss-matched houses, both modern, old and just weird.
Now onto the city! Most of the buildings and streets are still unfinished, but we can get a good idea on what to expect by what is there now.
The city park infront of city hall overlooks the beach walk and the outdoor music arena on the beach, perfect for summer festivals.
The small communities really work well with The Sims 3 Seasons Expansion Pack that gives it that cosy suburban feel.
This is our favourite scene, it looks so much a like a real American suburban community, you just want to let your sims snuggle around the fire and stare out the window watching the snow fall around all the other houses!
Now for the hidden gems that really make this world. These are little places that make the world feel like it has a rich history that wants to make you explore more!
Here’s a little taster to the abandoned village for you guys:
And as for the views, we’ll just let these images speak for themselves:
This is actually the view from one of the houses.
See the Trailer: